I'm clueless when it comes to waxing. The last time I did underarm waxing was back in JC and that experience had left a psychological scar on me. It was horrible! I was preparing to go out with my girlfriends and decided to do some waxing instead of the usual shave. To cut a long and painful story short...my underarms felt super sticky with the residue of the wax...even after what must have been a thousand washes/scrubs and from that fateful day, I sweared off waxing...till now.
I don't know what on earth possessed me to buy a pack of waxing strips a couple of months back. I thought, "perhaps cosmetic technology has improved or the wax formula has improved." Maybe it was the discount, maybe it was the lure of "results lasts up to 4 weeks" or maybe I was suffering from a lack of sanity...Maybe, just maybe, they're using a non-sticky wax formula! Goodness knows...but I bought it anyways.
Eager to get it done before I slept, I skimmed through the instructions.
I don't know what on earth possessed me to buy a pack of waxing strips a couple of months back. I thought, "perhaps cosmetic technology has improved or the wax formula has improved." Maybe it was the discount, maybe it was the lure of "results lasts up to 4 weeks" or maybe I was suffering from a lack of sanity...Maybe, just maybe, they're using a non-sticky wax formula! Goodness knows...but I bought it anyways.
Eager to get it done before I slept, I skimmed through the instructions.
1. Warm the wax by rubbing a double strip between your fingers for about 30 seconds. I could do that, it was simple enough. I was surprised at the amount of heat friction can produce :P
2. Slowly peel the strips apart. Ok, this part was a little tricky cuz of the tendency of the strip to curl. Potential mess maker.
3. Apply the wax strip onto skin and smooth firmly with your hands for 10 secs in the direction of hair growth.
I removed the wax strip in one swift and decisive movement...in the wrong friggin' direction. I realised that I hadn't taut the skin with my other hand as well, resulting in half of the hairs remaining. ARGH. The best part was, my hands felt so sticky!!! My underarms felt even stickier!!! HISTORY WAS REPEATING ITSELF! I rushed to the toilet and tried to wash it off with soap and water. Goodness gracious me. It was still as sticky as ever! Things were made worse with the fact that I used a tissue paper to dry my hands, with the silly hope of getting rid of the sticky wax by getting it to stick to tissue paper. Big misake. There had to be something in the instructions that mentioned about removing the blardy sticky wax! I referred to it and promptly read the following..."Never use water, soap or alcohol to wipe away any traces of wax you stoopid nincompoop." DANG IT.
Thank goodness they provided satchets of cleansing oil paper wipes which were effective in removing the sticky wax, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to type this entry - my fingers would've been stuck to the keyboard.



No comments:
Post a Comment